Were you involved in a head-on crash in Brentwood, TN? These crashes can be some of the most terrifying and tragic types of car accidents.
You may be suffering from serious injuries that prevent you from working and engaging in your normal life activities. Trying to take on an insurance company can seem like a daunting experience while you are already in such a vulnerable position.
Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers helps accident victims involved in head-on crashes recover compensation for their losses. We’ll work diligently to build your claim and demand maximum compensation from the parties responsible for your injuries.
How Our Brentwood Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You After a Head-On Crash
If you were injured in a head-on collision in Brentwood, Tennessee, we can guide you through the process of filing a personal injury claim. Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers can advocate for you and represent you while you focus on your recovery.
When you hire our Brentwood car accident lawyers after a head-on crash, you can expect us to:
- Review your claim
- Explain your legal options
- Identify how the accident occurred and who is responsible for it
- Answer any questions you have
- Handle your personal injury claim on your behalf
- Negotiate with the insurance company for fair compensation
We will work to protect your legal rights at every stage of your case. Contact our Brentwood personal injury lawyers today to take advantage of your free case review.
What Are the Dangers of Head-On Collisions?
A head-on collision occurs when the front of two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide. This type of crash can also occur when one vehicle runs head-on into an object.
These crashes tend to cause more fatalities and severe injuries than other types of car accidents. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, head-on collisions are the most harmful event in roughly 14% of all traffic fatalities in the United States and 27% of all roadway departures each year. 5,248 average annual roadway departures occurred between 2016 and 2018 that identified head-on collisions as the most harmful event.
Head-on crashes often involve speeding drivers, distracted drivers, or impaired drivers. These types of accidents often involve higher speeds, which tend to result in more serious injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Head-On Crashes in Brentwood, TN?
Some of the most common causes of head-on crashes include:
- Impaired driving – Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol may have blurry vision, fall asleep behind the wheel, or have lower inhibitions that cause them to take on risks.
- Distracted driving – Drivers who are distracted by cell phones, other electronics, or other factors may drive the wrong way into traffic.
- Speeding – Speeding drivers are more likely to lose control of their vehicle than other drivers, which can catapult them into the path of oncoming traffic.
- Fatigued driving – Tired drivers have many of the same physical and cognitive effects as drunk drivers, which increases their risk of being involved in a head-on collision.
- Unsafe passing – Some crashes occur when a driver makes an unsafe pass, not allowing enough time to get back into their lane before crashing into an oncoming vehicle.
- Wrong-way driving – Some drivers may drive the wrong way down a one-way road, crashing into a driver traveling the right way.
If you were injured in a head-on crash and someone else is to blame, contact Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers to learn how our Brentwood car accident lawyers can help hold them accountable.
What Kinds of Injuries Do Head-On Crashes Cause?
Head-on crashes can lead to deadly consequences. For those who survive, serious injuries tend to occur, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord damage
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Fractured and dislocated bones
After a head-on crash, seek medical attention immediately so your injuries can be properly diagnosed and treated. Then, reach out to our compassionate team so we can fight to get your medical expenses and other damages covered.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Head-On Crash in Brentwood, Tennessee?
Damages collectively represent all of the losses you incurred because of the accident.
This can include losses that have a direct economic impact, such as:
- Immediate medical bills, including ambulance charges, emergency room visits, and hospital stays
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Future medical costs, including rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
Damages also include your non-economic losses, such as your pain, suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress.
Insurance companies will try to get you to resolve your claim for far less than it is worth. You need a strong advocate in your corner who will work tirelessly to secure maximum compensation for your claim.
What Is the Time Limit To File a Car Accident Case in Tennessee?
Personal injury cases have a statute of limitations that sets a time limit to file a lawsuit. If the case is not filed within this time limit, the accident victim can lose their right to recover compensation through the courts and their leverage with insurance companies.
Tennessee typically only gives accident victims one year to file their case, so you must act quickly to preserve your rights.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our Brentwood Head-On Crash Attorneys
Were you injured in a head-on crash in Brentwood, Tennessee? If so, the legal team at Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers can fight for the justice and financial accountability you deserve. Contact our Brentwood personal injury attorneys today at (615) 685-8546 for your free case review.