Rollover accidents are relatively rare, but they are more deadly than the average car accident. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rollover accidents only happen to about three percent of vehicles in crashes, but they cause about one in three of all vehicle occupant deaths. Victims of rollover accidents should understand their right to seek fair and just compensation. If you or a loved one suffered serious injury or death because of a serious car wreck in Tennessee, consider visiting with a knowledgeable rollover accident lawyer at Labrum Law Firm at (615) 338-9500 to understand how we may be able to help you with your case.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
If you were involved in a rollover accident, you should seek immediate medical attention. Timely and appropriate medical care is important for two reasons.
First, victims should receive immediate medical evaluation and treatment following a car accident. Adrenaline or the shock of the accident might mask pain and other symptoms of serious injuries. A full, immediate medical evaluation will ensure that your injuries are identified and treated in a timely and appropriate manner. If you were involved in a car accident and have not already done so, seek medical care immediately to protect your health.
Second, seeking prompt medical treatment after your accident will help establish a foundation for your personal injury case with a rollover accident lawyer. The insurance company or negligent party might look for reasons to deny your claim or pay you less compensation than you deserve. If you do not seek medical evaluation and treatment soon after your accident, the insurance company might attempt to say that your injuries were not caused by the accident in question, or that your injuries are related to a pre-existing condition.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
Many rollover accidents have more than one cause, and each accident is slightly different. Here are some common causes of rollover accidents.
Driver negligence, such as:
- Texting or eating while driving
- Other forms of distracted driving, such as speaking on a phone or with passengers
- Driving while intoxicated
- Speeding or other traffic violations, such as running stoplights or stop signs
Faulty vehicle parts or design, such as:
- Defective tires
- Inadequate suspension or stability systems
- Insufficient brake systems
- An unacceptably high center of gravity
A knowledgeable rollover accident lawyer might be able to help victims build a case demonstrating negligence or a faulty vehicle issue as a significant contributing factor in a rollover accident.
Possible Types Of Compensation For Rollover Accident Victims
The physical, emotional, and financial losses from a rollover accident can be life-altering. Medical bills from serious injuries caused by a car accident are often financially devastating for families. A compassionate rollover accident lawyer from Labrum Law Firm can help victims work through the legal process of seeking fair and just compensation for their injuries and losses under Tennessee law. The insurance company might consider these and other factors when making a settlement agreement with a car accident victim:
- The type and severity of the victim's injuries
- Medical bills related to rollover accident injuries
- The cost of future treatments for injuries sustained in the rollover accident
- The victim's age and medical history
- The prognosis for recovery from injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Loss of wages during treatment and recovery for injuries
- Loss of future wages due to inability to work because of injuries
- Property damage sustained by the victim's vehicle because of the accident
- Funeral and burial costs if a loved one is killed in a rollover accident
Insurance companies use a complex process to calculate the amount of compensation they offer victims of car accidents. Insurance companies might try to minimize the amount of compensation paid to victims, regardless of the victim's expenses and suffering. If you cannot reach a settlement agreement with the insurance company, you might be able to file a civil lawsuit against the other driver to seek fair and just compensation in your case. A rollover accident lawyer might also be able to help family members file a wrongful death claim if a loved one was killed as a result of a rollover crash.
What Is The Time Limit For Legal Action in Tennessee Rollover Accidents?
In most cases, victims must file personal injury claims within one year of the date of the accident under Tennessee law. If you were involved in a rollover accident because of someone else's negligence or faulty car parts, it is important to take prompt legal action. Personal injury cases take time to build, and acting quickly will help preserve your rights and allow you to seek fair compensation for your injuries.
How a Rollover Accident Lawyer Can Help Car Accident Victims
A rollover accident lawyer can be an extremely valuable asset in helping you fight for the benefits you deserve. A lawyer might be able to help with:
- Ensuring the police report completely and accurately describes the rollover accident
- Ensuring that an independent investigation occurs, if necessary
- Seeking to secure the preservation of evidence by issuing a spoliation letter
- Speaking with witnesses of the accident to obtain their point of view and testimony
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf to seek a fair settlement offer
- Calculating your legally-justified compensation for injuries and losses under the law
- Assessing the liability of each party in the rollover accident
- Computing your financial losses and expenses for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering into a total dollar amount to present to the insurance company
- Ensuring that insurance settlement offers are fair and reflective of your specific losses
- Representing you in court by helping you to file a lawsuit and arguing on your behalf if the insurance company's settlement offer does not adequately cover your expenses
- Providing you with legal guidance and answering your questions throughout the process
Contact a Tennessee Rollover Accident Lawyer Today
Rollover car accidents can cause devastating and life-altering injuries. Insurance settlement negotiations and personal injury court cases can be challenging for victims to navigate without help. If you are a victim of a car accident, consider talking with a rollover accident lawyer at Labrum Law Firm at (615) 338-9500 to understand how you may be able to seek fair and just compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering through an insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit.