Truck accidents are an unfortunate reality on Nashville’s busy roadways. Given a truck’s enormous size, collisions with passenger vehicles or pedestrians can have catastrophic effects. Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers in Nashville, TN, knows the physical, emotional, and financial toll these injuries can have.
Since 2018, our Nashville truck accident lawyers have been committed to representing personal injury victims across Tennessee. Our dedicated team has over nine years of combined experience championing the cause and fighting for the rights of those injured.
Our commitment to each client goes beyond just securing compensation. We are invested in ensuring that clients receive the support they need to recover holistically.
Why Should I Hire Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Truck Accident Case in Nashville, TN?
A truck accident can be a life-altering event. The journey to justice can be long and complex, but it should not be walked alone. At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, our Nashville truck accident attorneys make up a distinguished team.
When partnering with us, truck accident victims can expect comprehensive representation with the following:
- Personalized Case Reviews: Your case matters. We begin our representation with a free initial consultation. During this meeting, our lawyers will immerse themselves in the facts of your case, including your damages, and provide insights on your rights and the path forward.
- Thorough Fact-Finding: Our team will delve deep into the facts of your case. This allows us to establish liability and prove damages. We’ll review every detail, from on-scene photos to intricate accident and medical reports, to assemble a strong case.
- Damage Estimation: We’ll leverage a network of experts, including doctors, to comprehensively analyze your damages. This includes evaluating current and future medical costs, lost earnings, and the emotional toll of the accident.
- Strategic Insurance Negotiations: Navigating the insurance claims process can be tricky. We’ll champion your cause to ensure you are not short-changed with a low settlement. We’ll guide you from informal negotiations to court-mandated mediation to secure maximum compensation.
- Courtroom Advocacy: Our truck accident lawyers have been recognized across Nashville, TN. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will assemble and argue a strong case when it has to go to court.
- Client-Centric Fee Model: Our commitment is to you. With a contingency-based fee structure, we only earn when you do.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Nashville, TN, contact our personal injury lawyers for a free consultation.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Nashville, TN?
Nashville regularly confronts the effects of truck-related mishaps. Certain factors have been identified as causing these accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers operate for prolonged periods, including at night. Long hours increase the likelihood of fatigue-related accidents. Fatigue lowers alertness and delays rapid decision-making skills.
- Technology Distractions: Our world is a digital one. The lure of electronics, such as cell phones, tablets, and GPS devices, can be distracting. Drivers who text, make calls, or adjust GPS settings divert their focus from the road. In a split second, catastrophic accidents can occur.
- Maintenance Missteps: Trucks must be regularly inspected for safe operation. Failing to conduct routine checks for brakes, tires, or lights can quickly turn a truck into an unpredictable hazard.
- Unstable Loads: Trucks haul goods across Nashville. Loads that are unbalanced or exceed weight limits can threaten truck stability. These imbalances increase the likelihood of trucks tilting, rolling, or spilling cargo onto roadways.
- Inclement Weather: Weather hazards affect all drivers. Rain, snow, and morning fog reduce visibility. This makes it hard for drivers to see upcoming risks. Weather conditions that affect roads also reduce tire grip, increasing the likelihood of spills.
If you or someone close to you has endured the traumatic aftermath of a truck accident, contact Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers. Our seasoned truck accident lawyers are ready to guide, support, and advocate for you.
How Much Is My Nashville Truck Accident Case Worth?
Valuing a truck accident claim is a nuanced process. At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, our Nashville, TN truck accident attorneys are skilled at identifying key factors that increase case value.
Our team will focus on these elements:
- Injury Impact: The intensity and severity of injuries play a pivotal role. Injuries that require prolonged treatment or cause persistent health challenges will be valued higher.
- Out-of-Pocket Medical Bills: Your claim will be influenced by your past and present medical bills, as well as anticipated future medical expenses. Certain injuries accrue heftier medical costs. This includes injuries that require multiple surgeries or extended rehab.
- Lost Wages: It can be impossible to recover at work. Accidents that keep you away for extended periods can create a financial burden. Extended absences due to your accident will increase your case’s value.
- Emotional and Physical Turmoil: Not all injuries are physical. Beyond visible scars often lie unseen emotional and psychological traumas. For severe accidents and injuries, compensation for this trauma will be valued higher.
- Evidence and Fault: Pinpointing liability, or fault, is imperative. A case that demonstrates a driver’s negligence will increase your likelihood of securing more substantial compensation. This is often done with strong evidence, such as photos, videos, or witnesses.
Consult our Nashville personal injury lawyers to determine an approximate value for your case. We will apply these factors, and others, to your truck accident case.
What Damages Are Available To Truck Accident Victims in Nashville, Tennessee?
Damages seek to make us whole after a truck accident. At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, our Nashville personal injury attorneys are experienced in determining the damages in each case.
We’ll focus on obtaining compensation for damages in several areas:
- Medical Damages: Medical bills mount rapidly after truck accidents. We can recover compensation for initial consultations, hospitalizations, surgeries, prescription medications, and therapy programs. Compensation for evolving injuries that require future treatments can also be recovered.
- Livelihood Losses: Injuries from truck accidents can derail your career. While missed paychecks matter, so does missed career growth. This includes missed promotions, benefits, and bonuses. Our lawyers will quantify these wage losses to compensate you for current and future income deficits.
- Pain and Suffering: Truck accidents can erode one’s emotional and physical well-being. Chronic pain, coupled with the psychological strains of PTSD, anxiety, or depression, can significantly impair one’s life. We believe in acknowledging these impacts and ensuring you are compensated for them.
- Damaged Property: Truck accidents are destructive. Many destroy some form of personal property, such as vehicle damage. You may be entitled to compensation to get your vehicle back on the road.
Your journey towards comprehensive compensation begins with our detailed initial assessment. Together with insights from our team of experts, we’ll meticulously catalog every aspect of your ordeal, ensuring no facet of your harm remains unaddressed.
What If I’m Partly To Blame For My Nashville Truck Accident?
Do not make assumptions about your involvement in the accident. It is important to contact our Nashville truck accident lawyers before determining you are responsible.
Tennessee has a “modified comparative fault” rule. This means that if you are deemed responsible for the accident, you can still recover compensation. However, your fault must be less than 50 percent. The amount you can recover will be diminished proportionately to the degree of fault assigned to you.
Consider this scenario: You are injured in a truck accident. The jury concluded that the truck driver was 60 percent responsible because he was speeding. You were 40 percent responsible because you did not yield. If the jury awards you $100,000, your compensation would be adjusted to $60,000, reflecting a 40 percent reduction for your share of the blame.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Tennessee?
Tennessee has a civil statute of limitations determining the time frame within which you can file a truck accident lawsuit.
In Tennessee, victims of truck accidents generally have one year from the accident date to initiate a lawsuit. Engaging with a lawyer as soon as possible is imperative to safeguard your legal rights.
While the standard one-year limitation typically applies, there may be specific exceptions that affect your particular situation. Failure to act within the statute of limitations can result in losing the opportunity to pursue compensation through the courts.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Nashville?
Many wonder, “How much does a truck accident lawyer cost?” At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, our commitment is to you. Our truck accident lawyers work on a contingency fee-based structure, which means we only earn when you do. There are no upfront fees or hourly rates. We instead receive a predetermined percentage of the settlement or verdict we get for you.
Contact Our Experienced Nashville Truck Accident Lawyers For Help – We Offer a Free Consultation
Since 2018, Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers has been fighting for those injured in truck accidents in Nashville, TN. Our Nashville personal injury attorneys understand the tolls these accidents have on victims and their families and the importance of recovering compensation to be made whole again.
If you or a loved one has been impacted by a truck accident, contact our Nashville truck accident lawyers to schedule a free consultation.