Were you or a loved one recently injured in an accident in Brentwood, TN? You may be entitled to recover compensation from the responsible party.
Whether you’re seeking compensation from a careless driver, negligent property owner, or owner of a dangerous dog, Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers can help. With an experienced Brentwood personal injury attorney by your side, you’re much more likely to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers have been recognized as some of the most aggressive attorneys in the Nashville area. We’ve dedicated our entire practice to helping injured clients like you get back on their feet again. We have a proven track record of success when it comes to willing fair settlements and verdicts for our clients–and we’re ready to use our skills to your advantage.
Our legal team will do everything we can to recover full financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more. To learn more about your legal options after an injury, contact our law offices in Brentwood, Tennessee, to schedule a free consultation today or call (615) 685-8546.
Why Should I Hire Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Brentwood Personal Injury Case?
If you were injured, you deserve a respected and dedicated personal injury attorney by your side. At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve been recognized time and again for our effective legal representation.
We’ve been recognized by Expertise as some of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Nashville and Franklin. The Tennessee Bar Association and American Association for Justice have also recognized our exceptional legal services.
When you hire us, our lawyers will:
- Evaluate the facts and identify all legal theories that apply to your case
- Provide personalized guidance and support
- Make sure you have answers to your questions
- Determine who is ultimately responsible for your damages
- Protect you from unfair insurance tactics and manipulation
- Invest our own resources to investigate, hire experts, and build your case
Your future may depend on recovering fair compensation for your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers consistently achieve top results for accident victims like you. When you’re suffering with injuries and they weren’t your fault, call our legal team for help. We offer free case reviews, so there’s no risk in calling today.
Visit Our Brentwood, TN, Personal Injury Law Office
Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers
320 Seven Springs Way, Suite 250
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 685-8546
Hours: Mon-Fri: 09:00am – 05:00pm
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury laws protect people who are injured because of someone else’s actions. You may have a valid personal injury case if you were injured due to someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful acts.
For example, you may have a valid claim for compensation if you were injured because:
- Another driver injured you in a car crash
- A property owner failed to maintain their property in safe condition
- A dog’s owner failed to keep their pet on a leash, and it bit you
- A product manufacturer sold you a defective consumer product
Most of the time, you’ll be dealing with insurance companies when it comes time to seek compensation for your losses. Your insurance claim will likely only turn into a lawsuit if the insurance company refuses a fair settlement.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Navigating the legal process can be extremely complex–especially when you’re recovering from a serious and painful injury.
Here are some of the reasons to hire a lawyer:
- We’ll level the playing field: You’ll have to prove that you deserve compensation. Even then, it can be difficult to get insurance companies to play fair. Insurance companies have the resources to fight your claim–and an experienced attorney can help you level the playing field.
- You’ll gain access to experts: Expert testimony is often necessary to prove complex elements of your case. Your lawyer has access to experts who can build the strongest case possible
- You’ll be blamed for your injuries: Insurance companies try to pin the blame on victims all the time–and when they succeed, those victims walk away with less than they deserve, or even nothing at all.
- You deserve time to rest. The time after an accident can be incredibly stressful. Your lawyer can handle the legal issues while you recover.
Your lawyer’s skill can make a world of difference in your case.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Brentwood
At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of personal injury claims in Brentwood.
Some examples of our practice areas include:
A total of 5071 car accidents in Tennessee caused serious injuries or fatalities in 2022.
When you file a claim for compensation after a crash, you’ll have to know why it happened, who was responsible, and how much you deserve. You’ll want an experienced attorney by your side to protect against lowball settlement deals. Contact our Brentwood car accident lawyers to learn more.
Our lawyers know how critical it is to maximize your financial recovery after a motorcycle wreck. When your medical bills are piling up and you’re dealing with painful injuries, we’ll be working tirelessly to recover the fair compensation you need. Call our Brentwood motorcycle accident lawyers.
Truck drivers spend hours on end behind the wheel. They’re often exhausted and distracted. Our lawyers are committed to holding truck drivers and trucking companies accountable when their negligence causes people like you to get hurt. Get in touch with our trusted Brentwood truck accident lawyers to learn about what you should do next.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Shops, restaurants, and other businesses in Brentwood are required to keep their property reasonably safe. That means inspecting the premises for fall hazards and warning you about dangers that can’t be fixed immediately.
If you slipped and fell, our lawyers will help you identify the at-fault party and available insurance coverage. Reach out to our Brentwood slip and fall accident lawyers to learn more about your best course of action.
A serious brain injury can impact your life in unexpected ways. Whether your brain injury was caused by a car crash, fall accident, or due to medical malpractice, it’s critical to understand your case value.
Our lawyers have handled complex cases like yours before and know how to make sure your case is properly valued. Contact our qualified Brentwood brain injury lawyers for further information.
Some injuries are so serious that the victim can’t recover. If you lost a loved one in a fatal accident, our lawyers are here to fight for the compensation you need to protect your family’s future. Contact our Brentwood wrongful death attorneys for a free case consultation.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Typically, it won’t cost you anything upfront. Most Brentwood accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. The contingency fee structure lets you hire a lawyer even if you don’t have the money to pay legal fees.
That means they’re paid by taking a percentage of your compensation award. That percentage can range from 30%-40%, depending on the facts and complexity of your case. Our personal injury lawyers serving Brentwood can provide more information about the fee structure during a free case evaluation.
What Damages Are Available to Brentwood Accident Victims?
The legal term for the financial compensation you recover after an injury is “damages.”
Accident victims in Tennessee can pursue compensation for economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Rehabilitation, nursing care, and therapies
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of consortium, funeral expenses, and other damages for wrongful death
In rare cases, courts award punitive damages. Punitive damages punish defendants for intentional wrongdoing or especially shocking acts.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Even if it seems clear that you deserve compensation, negligent people and their insurance companies don’t just hand over fair compensation. You’ll have to understand your case value to avoid taking a lowball settlement deal.
Your case value will depend on:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your costs, including medical care, vehicle repairs, and other expenses
- Whether you’ll require ongoing future treatment
- How the injury impacts your earnings and your future
- Whether you were partly responsible for your injuries
- The strength of the evidence to support your case
Generally, accidents that cause severe or permanent injuries result in the highest settlements and verdicts. In all cases, it’s important to evaluate the unique facts of your personal injury before taking an insurance offer.
What if I’m Partially at Fault for the Accident?
Your compensation will be impacted if you were even slightly responsible for your injuries.
Tennessee follows a modified comparative negligence law. If you were less than 50% responsible, your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault. Once your share of fault reaches 50% or higher, you lose your right to sue for damages.
As you might expect, insurance companies like to use this law to their advantage. An experienced accident lawyer can help you fight any unfair allegations that you’re responsible for your own injuries.
Personal Injury FAQ:
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Tennessee?
The statute of limitations is a deadline for taking legal action after an accident. You only have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were injured in an accident in Tennessee. The one-year clock starts to run on the date of your accident.
Missing the deadline is serious. After one year passes, you lose your right to recover any compensation for your losses.
Depending on the facts, a different deadline could apply in your case. It’s important to speak with a lawyer quickly after an accident–or risk losing your right to compensation entirely.
What Is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is a failure to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances. It’s the legal basis for most personal injury claims in Tennessee.
Proving negligence means establishing four separate elements:
- The defendant’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- Causation, meaning that the breach directly caused your injuries
- The damages you suffered as a result of the breach
Police reports, traffic citations, witness statements, and even video footage can all be used to prove your negligence case. While you rest and recover, our lawyers will be searching for the evidence you need.
Tennessee Personal Injury Laws
Tennessee personal injury laws give victims the right to be made “whole” after an injury–at least from a financial standpoint. However, that right isn’t automatic. You’ll have to prove that someone else was responsible for your injuries before you can recover compensation.
What, exactly, you’ll be required to prove will depend on the facts and circumstances of your injury.
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Most personal injury cases settle without going to trial. However, trial is always a possibility.
Trial becomes more likely when:
- There are disputes about who is liable for your injuries
- Multiple parties can be held legally responsible for your damages
- You share some fault for the accident
- The defendant refuses to acknowledge their responsibility
- You’re willing to wait longer to get money in your pocket
- The value of your personal injury claim is particularly high
The more complex the case, the more likely it is that your case will go to trial. Sometimes going to trial is the only way to recover fair compensation for your injuries.
When you work with an experienced attorney, you’re much less likely to end up in court. That said, our lawyers are always prepared to take your case to trial if the insurance company won’t offer an acceptable deal.
How Long Will My Injury Case Take?
Every case is different. Some cases settle quickly because the plaintiff wants to take a settlement and move forward with their life. In other cases, the defendant may admit liability and be willing to offer fair compensation.
It almost always takes longer to resolve cases that go to trial. The litigation process is complicated and takes time. That said, settlement negotiations can also drag out when defendants fail to take responsibility, or there are disputes about your case value.
Speaking with an experienced attorney is always the best way to get a sense of how long your case will take.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
There are certain steps you should take after an accident in Brentwood, including:
- Call 911. If you’re involved in a car accident or need emergency help, you should call 911 to report the accident immediately. Law enforcement can dispatch an ambulance and provide critical emergency services.
- Report the accident. Even if you don’t need emergency help, report the accident as soon as you can.
- Get medical attention. See a doctor as quickly as possible, even if you don’t need emergency medical care. Your injuries might not be obvious, and a doctor’s report can provide valuable evidence to prove the cause of your injuries.
- Gather evidence. Take photos and videos of the accident scene, any obvious injuries and property damage. Get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. If you’re unable to gather evidence yourself, call a lawyer right away so they can start collecting evidence to prove your case.
Avoid signing any insurance documents or making recorded statements before talking with a lawyer.
Contact an Experienced Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer for Legal Help
If you were injured in an accident, don’t wait to get legal advice. Your lawyer can begin investigating and gathering evidence while you focus on your recovery.
At Labrum Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we have years of experience fighting for injury victims like you. We’re serious about helping our injured clients get justice. We know that things are tough right now. Contact a Brentwood personal injury attorney to learn more about how we can stand up for you today.
Read more of our Google reviews here.