FAQs-Common Questions Answered

Who pays for the damage to my car after a car accident?

There are three options regarding who will pay for the damage to your car after a car accident.

  1. Negligent Driver's Car Insurance Policy – If the other driver was negligent in your car accident, they will typically pay to have your car repaired or replaced. However, it does take a considerable amount of time for the insurance company to actually make the determination of liability in a car accident, and therefore, you may not receive this compensation immediately.
  2. Your Own Car Insurance Policy - In many cases, even if you were not negligent or responsible for the car accident, your own car insurance policy will pay to repair or replace your vehicle. After a determination of liability is made, your insurance company will then be reimbursed by the negligent driver's car insurance company.
  3. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - If you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage under your own car insurance policy, and the negligent driver either does not have any car insurance or not enough insurance to cover the damage to your car after a car accident, you can use this portion of your policy to pay for your car repairs or replacement. 

If you have questions regarding who will pay for the damage to your car after your car accident,  contact the experienced attorneys at Labrum Law firm to help you understand all of your legal options.

We Want To Hear From You

Labrum Law is committed to answering your questions about personal injury, car accident, pedestrian accident, truck accident, wrongful death, and brain injury law issues in Nashville, Tennessee.

We offer a free consultation and we’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today at 615-338-9500 to schedule an appointment.

Top Personal Injury Lawyer in Franklin
Top Car Accident Lawyer in Nashville


Top Car Accident Lawyer in Nashville